Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Naked Grape- Pinot Noir

The Naked Grape- Pinot Noir
From California

This week I decided to go a different tasting route and tried a California Pinot Noir. This wine had a lot of flavor and felt like a punch in the face with the blueberry taste. It was a very deep dark purple color with a strong of blueberry smell. Surprisingly this wine had a very powerful tannic presence and was very hot on the pallet. This was a much dryer wine than I expected and has very little sweetness to offer. I believe this wine is a little too powerful and doesn't offer the balance that it should. At least for what I'm personally looking for in a wine. I do like dry powerful wines but this seems like a little much. It did pair ok with a cal-zone that I had for dinner which included some darker meats and vegetables. This was not a very expensive wine however so for the price and alcohol content I'm ok with the purchase in that sense. However, this will not be a wine that I will purchase again in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment